Tips for code porting to MC

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Tue Oct 29 12:22:00 EST 2002

xbury.cs at clearstream.com wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Im porting a rather large neural network (NN) program written in C++ to
> Metacard to do some stats...
>
> Im looking for tips regarding porting variable redirection (pointers and
> pointers to pointers)
> and c-style struct variables. The key to porting these is speed as NN
> require speed and ease of
> scripting as MC is all about that!
>
>  for example:
>   how do you port x[a][b] = item b of line a of x
>   But this proves extremely slow once you reach a>1000...
>
>   what about
>   p->x->b[i]
>
>   so far the best I found (without much searching I admit) is
>   p_x_b[i]
>
>  but what of
> p->x[a]->b
>
> Im looking for any good schemes you may propose!
>
> Thanks in advance for any help!
> Xavier
> http://monsieurx.com - incoming metacard section... my site is back! ;))
>
> Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

Hi,

1.- Use extensively the "read-only" "repeat for each..." loop structure.
2.- Use extensively the array vars instead of "item-lines" tables vars
to store the datas you are searching on, sorting,...
3.- Use B-Tree alike data storage structures if the datas you have to
parse at once exceed 500 ko.
4.- Run your app under Linux (extensively tested as two time faster than
both Windows or MacOSX).

--
Cordialement, Pierre Sahores

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis.
Applications et bases de données WEB et VPN
Qualifier et produire l'avantage compétitif