Copying OS X apps

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Oct 29 16:37:01 EST 2002

Has anyone figured out how to copy a Mac OS X application? The usual
way, copying the data fork and the resource fork, doesn't seem to work.
Actually, they don't even have resource forks.

The bundle structure seems to be the culprit. I tried copying each of these:

/test_app.app/Contents/Info.plist
/test_app.app/Contents/PkgInfo
/test_app.app/Contents/MacOS/MetaCardCarbonMach-O
/test_app.app/Contents/Resources/MetaCard.icns
/test_app.app/Contents/Resources/MetaCardCarbonMach-0.rsrc
/test_app.app/Contents/Resources/MetaCardDoc.icns

But no go. I don't even get a folder structure. Any ideas?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com