Menubar revisited

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 23 17:18:00 EDT 2002

>This is my point: you don't.  Either build the required information
>into the product, download raw information and format and display it
>however you want, or construct it on the fly using a CGI application
>on the server.
>
>Assuming that a system has a correctly configured browser is just a
>recipe for a tech support nightmare, not to mention all the
>vendor/version incompatibility problems you open yourself to if you're
>so brave (or so foolish) as to point them at sites not under your
>direct control.  Which is why we do not, and will not, support this as
>a built-in feature of MetaCard.
>   Regards,
>     Scott

I guess I'll take my chances with it.  One of the primary sites is
the online order page, which is hosted thru my payment processor,
using their CGI.  This is a KEY point in selling software, to make it
easy for people to pay, make it easy for them to do it right NOW :-)

I am also advertising my other websites, a new feature I am adding to
my programs.  (I run a 50 freebie site.)  And obviously, the goal is
to get the folks onto the internet and to the actual website.

None of my sites have CGI capability.

Presumably I can script it to trap for errors.

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com