XCMD Limitations

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Wed Oct 23 14:22:00 EDT 2002

Is there a reference anywhere to the limitations on XCMD/XFCNs?

I've got a limited time budget to try to convert a big complicated stack to
Rev; and I'm crashing in an XFCN.  It's not an option to recode this XFCN;
it uses custom libraries of proprietary code.  It's going to be a big pain
in the bottom to work through to find out where it's crashing (the entire
machine locks up each time) so I could use some hints.

I know that the callbacks to do with windows don't work.  Are there others?
Would it be correct to assume that MC implements all the HyperCard 1.0
callbacks, but none of those introduced in HC 2.0 (or whenever it was)?

Is there a list somewhere of the supported or unsupported callbacks?  Are
there any other guidelines?  Is there any handy debugging mode built into
the engine to help?

TIA,

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866