Menubar revisited

Scott Raney raney at metacard.com
Wed Oct 23 13:27:22 EDT 2002

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 Shari <gypsyware at earthlink.net> wrote:

> >There is no workaround for
> >this other than my usual one: design your app so that you don't have
> >to start up a browser.  The bonus being that doing so will save your
> >sanity in a lot more ways than just this ;-)
> >   Regards,
> >     Scott
>
> So then, how would you send someone to a web page on the internet?

This is my point: you don't.  Either build the required information
into the product, download raw information and format and display it
however you want, or construct it on the fly using a CGI application
on the server.

Assuming that a system has a correctly configured browser is just a
recipe for a tech support nightmare, not to mention all the
vendor/version incompatibility problems you open yourself to if you're
so brave (or so foolish) as to point them at sites not under your
direct control.  Which is why we do not, and will not, support this as
a built-in feature of MetaCard.
  Regards,
    Scott