Menubar revisited

Tariel Gogoberidze PMDA at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 23 15:35:14 EDT 2002

Recently, "Scott Raney"  wrote:

> I don't know if this may be the same problem as one we diagnosed in RR
> a couple of months ago, but apparently one of the Norton security
> products (AntiVirus?) prevents shell() from working entirely.

Also, "Norton Internet Security" (NIS) bundled on some Win XP computers
prevents Post calls from been executed from MC (Post tdata to Url
MyUrl). Disabling NIS doesn't help, it leaves some NIS processes
running. One should actually uninstall NIS or kill NIS processes to
allow MC to communicate with the Internet.

I know this from our client reports and I don't have XP box with NIS
installed to test it, so if somebody will find a work around for this I
would really appreciate it.

BTW it's a second day link to <ftp://ftp.metacard.com/MetaCard/2.5/> is
not working from my location. I tried Anarchy, Explorer etc. Hangs up
for 5 min and then reports "refused by server"

Best regards
Tariel Gogoberidze