Menubar revisited

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Oct 21 15:22:01 EDT 2002

I've had a couple of reports of this kind of goURL script failing on Win98
and WinMe.  Apparently some (but not all) versions of these OSes do not
accept this line:

get shell("start" && theTitle && tURL)

It would be great if there was some way to format the title/URL string such
that this code would work, but unless someone on the list can reproduce the
problem, it's doubtful there's any way to fix it.  The two workarounds I
know of are:

2) write a simple HTML "jump file" to the temp directory

Neither of these is a great solution; it would be better to find out how to
make the shell command usable on the problem systems.  The lame thing is,
the code works fine on Win95 and 98 over here...

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design