Hiliting text in Ask dialog

miscdas at boxfrog.com miscdas at boxfrog.com
Mon Oct 21 15:15:01 EDT 2002

Under WIN98, the ask dialog works for me as described in the documentation.

For example:

ask "What's your name" with "Type your name"

The reply is already highlited. When I begin to type, the reply is deleted
and cursor begins at the first character.

If I double-click a word in the reply, it is selected with highlighting.

If I triple-click anywhere in the entry field, the entire reply is selected
with highlighting.

Maybe your OS is problematic.

==========

Shari writes:

Funny how everything I noticed during development, so did my testers...

In an Ask dialog...

 - Can't highlight text to replace
 - Double-clicking in the beginning of the box doesn't highlight
anything, but if I type, it replaces 1st word.

This is using the standard Metacard Ask stack.

My ask handlers are pretty straightforward.

ask "What's your name" with "Type your name"

ask "What's your name" with ""

ask "What's your name"