MC Book-other ideas

Karl Becker karl at karlbecker.com
Sat Oct 5 00:06:01 EDT 2002

Interesting... I do not know what a WIKI is, though I saw someone else
mention something about it awhile back.  If you're willing to host
whatever this thing is, that would be great!

PHP.net's reference I love - a user-comments system would just be great.

I think, as andu said, that people on the list are more
business/profit-oriented.  I don't want to discourage the idea of it
being open-source, but as he said, it would probably have to provide a
little incentive for the writers.  I think making a really quality book
and getting it published would be a good incentive, since we'd all have
that to put on our resumes.

I'd love to see a book like this happen though, yes...

Karl

On Friday, October 4, 2002, at 08:14  PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I own a company which sells a Content Management System called
> Hemingway. It
> stores data including files and pictures...kinda like blogging and
> WIKI's on
> steroids. It builds websites with the data -- and at anytime you can
> move
> things around and replace them. There are a number of other features
> as well
> including a RunRev client which can automatically post content to
> websites
> (view a demo of this client at:
> http://www.altuit.com/webs/hemingway/HemTools/ItemWizard.htm
>
> This isn't a sales call :-) , but rather an offer to host for free the
> opensource RunRev/MC book effort. If interested let me know and I'll
> set it
> up and issue the necessary privileges.
>
> best,
>
> Chipp Walters