MC Book-other ideas

Richard MacLemale rmaclema at pasco.k12.fl.us
Fri Oct 4 13:53:01 EDT 2002

>Think of it as open
> source book writing.
>
> Tim Bleiler
> University at Buffalo

YES.  Count me in.  I'd love to contribute.  I've posted some mc specific
directions on our school website, but it would be great to have a book
available that we could all work on.  When people are interested in
MetaCard, I can say that the mailing list is a great resource, but having a
book available with extensive knowledge would be awesome.

Distribution will be debated here, no doubt, so here's my 2 cents - The
book, when finished, should be available in PDF format for free
(downloadable from metacard.com), or you should be able to order a printed
copy of it for a modest cost from... wherever.  The cost of the printed
version should be enough to cover the expenses (and time) of printing and
mailing the thing.

Really, really good idea, Tim.  There isn't enough market for someone to
write a 400 page book by themselves, but if we all chip in, it's certainly
possible.

--
:)
Richard MacLemale