MC Book-other ideas

Richard K. Herz herz at ucsd.edu
Fri Oct 4 14:13:01 EDT 2002

I think we could get a lot of good contributions from this list - complete
projects as well as hints on how to get over the tough spots.

There are a couple models.  One would be a book with a single writing style
put together by one or two main authors who would integrate their own work
plus contributions into a tightly edited book.  Another model would be like
a compendium, handbook or a conference procedings with chapters written by
different authors, though with one or two senior editors who try to keep
some coherence.

Maybe we can come up with a list of chapters and a "contact person" for each
chapter to whom we could send contributions.  Then whoever is interested in
being a main author or editor could take a look at what's collected so they
can make a decision about model one or two.