Funky XP Desktop

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Oct 2 16:07:00 EDT 2002

Howdy List Folks:

Can any of you XP users out there can confirm if Microsoft does *not*
include a registry entry for a common desktop path on XP as the default
system configuration?

hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\
shell folders\common desktop

Initially, it appeared that there was no registry entry for the common
desktop on my XP machine.  The reason I believe this may be true is because
I heard through another large development company that, with the release of
XP, MS wanted to discourage developers from installing program shortcuts on
the desktop.  Not sure if this was hearsay or standard policy.

Thanks for sharing any related info.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director