OSX resource folder

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Nov 13 19:19:01 EST 2002

Shari,

The engine file in Contents/MacOS is needed (it's the engine for your
standalone), but I've sometimes found that there is a full MetaCard app
instance just inside the Contents folder that's not needed for OS X. It
seems like it shows up when you build another standalone on top of the first
one. Interestingly enough, there is the "MetaCardCarbonMach-O" file (note
that the last character here is the capital leter "o") in Contents/MacOS
that you can change the name of (so long as you change it in the info.pList
file as well), and the MetaCardCarbonMach-0.rsrc file (note the last
character before the .rsrc is a zero, not a capital "o") - which you should
leave alone.

Technically, the "standalone" in MacOS X is a folder full of files,
including the engine, resources, etc. It's almost like you've peeled a fruit
and gotten a good look inside. When you say "you put your standalone in that
folder", you shouldn't need to do that... when you build for OS X, the
engine inside the Contents/MacOS folder called "MetaCardCarbonMach-O" *IS*
your standalone. No problem in putting your extra stacks in there (or in any
folder inside Contents; OS X is pretty forgiving).

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/