OSX resource folder

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 13 19:57:01 EST 2002

>Technically, the "standalone" in MacOS X is a folder full of files,
>including the engine, resources, etc. It's almost like you've peeled a fruit
>and gotten a good look inside. When you say "you put your standalone in that
>folder", you shouldn't need to do that... when you build for OS X, the
>engine inside the Contents/MacOS folder called "MetaCardCarbonMach-O" *IS*
>your standalone. No problem in putting your extra stacks in there (or in any
>folder inside Contents; OS X is pretty forgiving).
>
>Ken Ray

Not having OSX, only attempting to develop for it (to the
consternation of many here), the only file created when I build for
OSX is a standalone file of my app.  No folders, no Mach file, nada.
I am building these things from scratch.  Taking pieces from
Metacard's own OSX folder, changing what needs to be changed, and
inserting into my created OSX folders.

No files outside of the app are created anywhere on my hard drive.
That's why I had no idea they existed initially.  I assumed that the
standalone builder would do what needed to be done.

The program actually works on OSX without any of these files.  But
has a few anomolies regarding icons and such.  I intend to remedy
this.

Good news is, I only have to go thru this process once.  From here
forward, I will have a recipe to follow for future apps, and will add
this info to the article for others who have not yet purchased OSX
but would like to develop for it.

Just wait til I tackle Windoze :-)

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--