OSX resource folder

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 13 17:37:01 EST 2002

>Don't touch the MetaCard CarbonMach-O.rsrc file! I have found that changing
>its name in any way has unpredictable results (it invalidated a custom
>AppleScript suite I'd developed until I changed the name back). Your app
>will automatically use it, as the MetaCard engine (which you CAN rename,
>which is in the Contents/MacOS folder) uses the resources in the .rsrc file
>automatically. Other than that, everything look OK from here.

Ooooh, so that MetaCardCarbonMach-O file in the MacOS folder needs to
be there?  I thought the Metacard engine was built right into the
standalone itself?  This file adds an additional 2.1 MB on top of
saving the app as a standalone.  Big overhead!

The stack was 4.4 MB
The standalone is 6.4 MB
That MetaCardCarbonMach-O file (copied from the Metacard application
MacOS folder) is 2.1 MB

I had taken it out and put my standalone and associated files in that folder.

Ouch!

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com