OSX resource folder

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Nov 13 17:27:00 EST 2002

Shari,

> QUESTION:   What is this "MetacardCarbonMach-0.rsrc" file, which has
> no resource fork on Mac classic, but which has the resource icon?
> And how do I create this file configured to my app?

Don't touch the MetaCard CarbonMach-O.rsrc file! I have found that changing
its name in any way has unpredictable results (it invalidated a custom
AppleScript suite I'd developed until I changed the name back). Your app
will automatically use it, as the MetaCard engine (which you CAN rename,
which is in the Contents/MacOS folder) uses the resources in the .rsrc file
automatically. Other than that, everything look OK from here.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/