OSX resource folder

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 13 16:52:00 EST 2002

OSX build:

I've created the info.plist file and PkgInfo file (the latter being
simply APPL and my creator code).

Main folder name:  Blackjack Gold OSX

Inside main folder:  Alias to standalone, Contents folder, Buy Now program

Inside Contents folder:  Info.plist, PkgInfo,  MacOS folder, Resources folder

Inside MacOS folder: Blackjack Gold.app, and it's external stack
files, data.mc and objects.mc

Inside the Resources folder:  gold.icns, data.icns (both created with
Iconographer for Mac OSX), MetacardCarbonMach-0.rsrc

QUESTION:   What is this "MetacardCarbonMach-0.rsrc" file, which has
no resource fork on Mac classic, but which has the resource icon?
And how do I create this file configured to my app?

QUESTION:   Does anyone find a glitch in this set up?  I've dissected
several OSX programs to get to the heart of this.

If anyone is interested, the info.plist file I created is as follows
(much of it came from Metacard's own plist file, which was quite
lengthy):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist SYSTEM "file://localhost/System/Library/DTDs/PropertyList.dtd">
<plist version="0.9">
<dict>
	<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
	<string>English</string>
   <key>CFBundleDocumentTypes</key>
	<array>
		<dict>
			<key>CFBundleTypeExtensions</key>
			<array>
				<string>mc</string>
			</array>
			<key>CFBundleTypeIconFile</key>
			<string>Data.icns</string>
			<key>CFBundleTypeName</key>
			<string>Blackjack Gold File</string>
			<key>CFBundleTypeOSTypes</key>
			<array>
				<string>MSTK </string>
			</array>
		</dict>
	</array>
	<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
	<string>Blackjack Gold</string>
	<key>CFBundleIconFile</key>
	<string>Gold.icns</string>
	<key>CFBundleName</key>
	<string>Blackjack Gold</string>
	<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
	<string>APPL</string>
	<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
	<string>bJg3</string>
   <key>CFBundleLongVersionString</key>
	<string>1.0.0 Blackjack Gold © 2002-2002¬Gypsy King
Software/Shari L. Coxford</string>
	<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
	<string>1.0.0</string>
	<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
	<string>1.0.0</string>
   <key>LFPrefersCarbon</key>
   <true/>
	<key>NSAppleScriptEnabled</key>
	<string>YES</string>
	<key>NSHumanReadableCopyright</key>
	<string>1.0.0 Blackjack Gold © 2002-2002¬Gypsy King
Software/Shari L. Coxford</string>
</dict>
</plist>
--