KDE 3.0.0 out of the range :-(

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Sat May 4 10:48:01 EDT 2002

Kuba Ober a écrit :

> > On my system it fails with a nice message:
> >
> > QPaintDevice: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice
> > Segmentation fault
> >
> > I can get it working with the old libqt-mt.so.2
> > So what I did is to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/lib/qt2/lib (Mandrake
> > installation). Then I set a link from libqt-mt.so.2.3.1 to libqt-mt.so.3
> > (that's the lib da is looking for under KDE3).
> > So now da is physically loading the old libqt version 2 instead of the new
> > libqt version 3 since the library path overrides the systemwide default.
>
> Well, so it uses qt2 rather than qt3, and these *are* binary-incompatible.
>
> Cheers, Kuba

Hi,

Just to add that it seems there are lots of incompatibilities between
KDE 3.0.0 and many of fine programmed stuffs. After installing Suse-8.0
pro yesterday on my development laptop, i'm yet trying to do my
development tools running under Gnome and (backward) to KDE2 if i can
uninstall KDE3 (As an example, i can't use the "copy", "cut", "paste"
commands in my prefered IDE Script editor - Metacard 2.32).

I never loved to spend time with toys and perhaps is it realy time to
switch back to commercial unixes, alike Solaris or MacOS X ...

Regards, Pierre Sahores

WEB & VPN applications & databases servers
Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Qualifier & produire l'avantage compétitif