Anomaly

Phil Davis phildavis at attbi.com
Thu Mar 28 15:25:01 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shari" <gogypsy at bellsouth.net>
To: <metacard at lists.runrev.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 7:17 AM
Subject: Anomaly

> Have a series of popup buttons on a card, and they worked perfectly
> in development mode, but when I compiled it into a standalone, only a
> few of them worked.  All had the exact same settings chosen, and the
> script was one script in the card for all the buttons.
>
> This little buggie had me hoppin' for quite awhile, and I rewrote
> major portions of script to no avail.
>
> I wrote a temporary script to reset each button, set the style,
> menumode, traversalon, etc.  Saved the stack.  And again, the buttons
> worked perfectly until I compiled it into a standalone.
>
> That temporary script was still active so I thought what the hey...
> let's try running it in the standalone.  Set all the styles etc. even
> though I'd already just done that before saving into a standalone.
> And don't ya know... they all worked.
>
> Why would setting all the styles, menumodes, etc. etc., then saving
> the stack, then turning it into a standalone not work?  Yet the same
> script running in the standalone, fixes it?

Could it be that in the dev environment, your stack is inheriting its 'effective' properties from a parent stack (or even from hte parent's parent)? And then when you make it into a standalone, the "family structure" changes and the baby stack no longer inherits its looks from the same source?

(Notice I'm being very non-commital here.)

Phil