Anomaly

Shari gogypsy at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 28 14:30:01 EST 2002

Have a series of popup buttons on a card, and they worked perfectly
in development mode, but when I compiled it into a standalone, only a
few of them worked.  All had the exact same settings chosen, and the
script was one script in the card for all the buttons.

This little buggie had me hoppin' for quite awhile, and I rewrote
major portions of script to no avail.

I wrote a temporary script to reset each button, set the style,
menumode, traversalon, etc.  Saved the stack.  And again, the buttons
worked perfectly until I compiled it into a standalone.

That temporary script was still active so I thought what the hey...
let's try running it in the standalone.  Set all the styles etc. even
though I'd already just done that before saving into a standalone.
And don't ya know... they all worked.

Why would setting all the styles, menumodes, etc. etc., then saving
the stack, then turning it into a standalone not work?  Yet the same
script running in the standalone, fixes it?

Shari C

PS - Guess I'm giving you quite a workout, Scott!
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com