Building standalones

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Mar 21 12:37:01 EST 2002

Shari,

Here's some answers... hopefully others will fill in the gaps:

> Standalone Builder - The Metacard engine, does this mean the Metacard
> program itself?  So I'd have to install all three versions of the
> program (PPC, Windows and OSX) to access those engines to build from?
> The only thing I can find to attach is the actual Metacard program,
> that I double click on to launch Metacard.

Yes. You will need to have "MetaCard PPC", "MetaCard Carbon" and "mc.exe"
available to build your three standalones. When you go to build it, point to
one of these with the "MetaCard Engine" field. As I understand it, you can
build all three standalones for all three platforms using a Mac (although
I've never done it myself - I use a PC to build PC standalones and a Mac to
build Mac ones).

> Standalone Builder - Creator - in Hypercard I always chose to use a
> custom creator code.  Presumably this means the same thing?

Yes. Keep in mind that in order for your standalone to have the icon you
want (on Mac), you'll need to use ResEdit (or the equivalent) to edit the
resource fork and put in your icon.

> This means it's almost ready to distribute... (very big grin)

Congratulations!

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com