Building standalones

Shari gogypsy at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 21 13:21:09 EST 2002

>  > Standalone Builder - Creator - in Hypercard I always chose to use a
>>  custom creator code.  Presumably this means the same thing?
>
>Yes. Keep in mind that in order for your standalone to have the icon you
>want (on Mac), you'll need to use ResEdit (or the equivalent) to edit the
>resource fork and put in your icon.

As this is for compiling on Mac, OSX and Windows, a resource fork is out.

Attempting a build once, compile three times scenario :-)

So presumably I'd just paste the preferred icon in the finder window?
I remember in Hypercard, that was not the optimal choice, and I'd go
into the resource fork...

But the goal is NOT to have a resource fork, so I'm definitely trying
to learn a new way for this.

Is there a icon id # I can use to embed a custom icon, and have
Metacard use it?  Or would the goal be to edit the icon stack of
Metacard (the one that gets embedded...?)

The first standalone builds so far did not work.  Got the engine etc.
and moved the necessary resources, but the final program failed to
function.  It never made it out of the splash stack.  (It opens a
splash stack, then opens a second stack in the splash stack's window,
then opens a third stack in a new window.  The second and third stack
never opened in the standalone, though they open perfectly in the
stack.  They are embedded into the splash stack.)

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com