Formatted text

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Thu Mar 21 09:30:01 EST 2002

>At 3:07 AM -0800 3/19/2002, Signe Marie Sanne wrote:
>>I have lots of Word files saved as .rtf (on my Mac). I then save them
>>as .htm-files and import them into a customProperty:
>>
>>Now fld "tekst" contains text with italic, bold etc and with nice
>>specific Norwegian letters on both Windows and Mac. My question is:
>>Is there an easier way to do this - from ordinary Word files into
>>formatted text in a field?
>>
>>My next question: Is there a way to export the same custom properties
>>and get back the formatting in a Word file?
>
>Well, RTF is a publicly documented format, so you should be able to write a
>routine to import and export the data complete with styles. Geoff Canyon
>wrote a stack to convert the Rev docs to RTF format
><http://www.runrev.com/revolution/downloads/developerdownloads/revrtfer.zip>,
>an
>d taking a look at it scripts should help you get started.

Thank you Jeanne for the tip. I had a look at the stack, but I found
it very difficult to extract the right scripts. I found, however,
another stack FieldExporter which exports html text to RTF (but only
on Windows) http://www.flexiblelearning.com/xtalk/fieldExporter.zip

1. amanuensis Signe Marie Sanne      e-mail: signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Romansk Institutt                            tel:  +47 55 58 21 27
Oysteins gt. 1
5007 Bergen        	 http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/default.html
Norway