Formatted text

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Wed Mar 20 04:47:20 EST 2002

At 3:07 AM -0800 3/19/2002, Signe Marie Sanne wrote:
>I have lots of Word files saved as .rtf (on my Mac). I then save them
>as .htm-files and import them into a customProperty:
>
>Now fld "tekst" contains text with italic, bold etc and with nice
>specific Norwegian letters on both Windows and Mac. My question is:
>Is there an easier way to do this - from ordinary Word files into
>formatted text in a field?
>
>My next question: Is there a way to export the same custom properties
>and get back the formatting in a Word file?

Well, RTF is a publicly documented format, so you should be able to write a
routine to import and export the data complete with styles. Geoff Canyon
wrote a stack to convert the Rev docs to RTF format
<http://www.runrev.com/revolution/downloads/developerdownloads/revrtfer.zip>, an
d taking a look at it scripts should help you get started.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!