Formatted text

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Tue Mar 19 06:12:01 EST 2002

Hello,

I have lots of Word files saved as .rtf (on my Mac). I then save them
as .htm-files and import them into a customProperty:

--tPath = "/Signes/MetacardMappe/t4a1b1.htm"
-- kdatafil = "t4a1b1.htm"
  if there is a file tPath then --
         set the htmlText of field 1 to url ("binfile:" & tPath)
--just a conversion field
         put the htmlText of field 1 into var
         set the kdatafil of this cd to var
       end if

Then:

   set the htmlText of fld "tekst" to the kdatafil of this cd

Now fld "tekst" contains text with italic, bold etc and with nice
specific Norwegian letters on both Windows and Mac. My question is:
Is there an easier way to do this - from ordinary Word files into
formatted text in a field?

My next question: Is there a way to export the same custom properties
and get back the formatting in a Word file?

Please don't just answer mactoiso/isotomac or base64encode. I need a
more precise recipe if use of these is the way to go.

Regards
Signe Marie Sanne

1. amanuensis Signe Marie Sanne      e-mail: signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Romansk Institutt                            tel:  +47 55 58 21 27
Oysteins gt. 1
5007 Bergen         	 http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/default.html
Norway