urling a font file

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Mar 20 01:29:01 EST 2002

Recently, Mark Talluto wrote:

> I am using the put "binfile://path to font" into lFontFile  method.  The
> problem is that nothing is brought in.  Yet other types of files were
> successfully brought in.  Can anyone think of a reason why a font file
> can not be imported?
>
> I tried dropping the font file into bbedit and did not show any data
> either.  Doing this with a mc stack for example showed the data in the
> file.

I'll guess that your font information is stored in the resource fork of your
file, which also may contain no data in the data fork.  If so, you'll need
to copy the resource information from your source file into your
destinations file, something like "resfile://path to font".

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director

Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design