urling a font file

Mark Talluto fuegox at mac.com
Wed Mar 20 02:15:00 EST 2002

On Tuesday, March 19, 2002, at 10:27 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Recently, Mark Talluto wrote:
>
>> I am using the put "binfile://path to font" into lFontFile  method.
>> The
>> problem is that nothing is brought in.  Yet other types of files were
>> successfully brought in.  Can anyone think of a reason why a font file
>> can not be imported?
>>
>> I tried dropping the font file into bbedit and did not show any data
>> either.  Doing this with a mc stack for example showed the data in the
>> file.
>
> I'll guess that your font information is stored in the resource fork of
> your
> file, which also may contain no data in the data fork.  If so, you'll
> need
> to copy the resource information from your source file into your
> destinations file, something like "resfile://path to font".
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director

Thanks Scott!  That did the trick.  I can see the data in the file now.
After that I wrote it back out by creating a dummy file that was empty.
Then writing the resource fork back to the dummy file.  Set the type and
creator codes finished it up.  Gotta luv MC and the very helpful list
members.

-Mark Talluto