Arrays and Matrix Algebra

crob robot at tin.it
Tue Mar 19 03:03:01 EST 2002

>Message: 1
>Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:17:49 -0500
>Subject: Re: metacard digest, Vol 1 #133 - 9 msgs
>From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
>To: metacard at lists.runrev.com
>
>Thanks for the response.  But, actually, my question was whether MC
>treats numerically-indexed arrays in the usual row-column sense that's
>used for matrix math.  As for the question of buying MC or Revolution,
>there is nothing about Revolution (as appealing as the face lift is)
>that can justify a switch from MC for me.
>
>	Greg

I don't understand very well what you mean, btw try this:
---
#matrix4
#button go
global matrix,m,n,out

on mouseUp
   put 3 into m
   put 4 into n
   put 1 into x
   repeat with i=1 to m
     repeat with j=1 to n
       put  x into matrix[i,j]
       put x+1 into x
     end repeat
   end repeat

   put empty into out
   repeat with i=1 to m
     repeat with j=1 to n
       put matrix[i,j]&" " after out
     end repeat
     put return after out
   end repeat
   put return after out
put out

end mouseUp
---
is this what you want?
as for MetaCard or Revolution, it is a matter of price: maybe
upgrading from old MC to Rev is cheaper tha from old MC to 2.4.1? who
knows?

bye
crob