Feature idea/request: move object along equation

Karl Becker karl at karlbecker.com
Wed Mar 13 18:23:01 EST 2002

>On Wednesday, March 13, 2002, at 01:04  PM, Karl Becker wrote:
>
>>I have an idea for improving the "move" command but I'm having a
>>tricky time figuring out how the syntax, and even the concept
>>itself, would work.  I'd like to be able to use the move command to
>>move objects in non-linear, time-variable ways.
>
>I for one am glad to see someone else in need of this feature.  I
>had been trying to figure out some way to script this as well, but
>built-in control would be excellent.
>  So in theory, you could write syntax as:
>
>    move grc ball from 10,10 to 100,100 easein 20 easeout 40
>
>...to accelerate the moved object to the moveSpeed during the first
>20% of the moved distance, and decelerate during the last 40%.

Yes, that's a good way of putting it.  That functionality would be wonderful!

I'd also like to move stuff along an equation, too, but that's a
minor thing - this easein/out is a nice way of phrasing it, yes.

>Can we get this?...

Hear hear, I second.
--
Karl Becker, KB Productions - http://www.karlbecker.com
Featuring:New Tricks, Tiger's Eye Pub, and The Fishin' Hole