Hopes crushed

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Tue Jul 30 02:56:01 EDT 2002

At 2:03 am -0400 30/7/02, Simon Lord wrote:
>How?  This is what I was using:
>
>< put url ("binfile:"&ftpFile) into url ftpPath >
>
>But that was locking up my script until it was done uploading.  At
>the very least it works, my files get uploaded in full and I can
>download them and uncompress + execute successfully.  So I know that
>works.  Now I'm trying to use this...:
>
>< libUrlFtpUpload ftpFile, ftpPath >

I think you're almost there.

Try something like this:

put "ftp://"& ftpUser&":"&ftpPass&"@"&ftpDomain&"/"&ftpDirectory
&"/"& ftpFileName into ftpPath
put url ("binfile:" & ftpFile ) into tData
libUrlFtpUpload tData, ftpPath

Cheers
Dave

PS The latest version of libUrl has a libUrlFtpUploadFile command for
file-to-file transfers. This takes a file path as an argument.
However, it was created for transfers of *large* files that wouldn't
fit into RAM, so I'd stick with libUrlFtpUpload or "put" for simple
uploads.