Lessening processor usage

Karl Becker karl at karlbecker.com
Sun Dec 8 23:21:01 EST 2002

I've brought up this topic earlier and didn't get any responses, let
alone a satisfactory answer.

Why does MetaCard's processor usage spike horribly after playing a
QuickTime object?  Even if the player is stopped, or hidden and
stopped, the processor usage still is quite inordinate.  Is this a
"feature" with MetaCard, or am I doing something wrong with player
objects?

I notice the processor is used a lot even when I use the "play
videoClip blah.mov" to do a one-time sound where no player object is
necessary, though processor usage doesn't seem to be eaten up by it as
much.  However, as the program is kept running for hours, its processor
usage does go up.

Ideas?  Thoughts?

Thanks,
Karl