global misses

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Dec 8 18:46:01 EST 2002

I am experimenting with optimizing some aspect of my program and
noticed the following:

1. when a global is made into associative array, the globals()
functions does not report its existence even though it can be used as
expected.

2. the exist operator does not work with globals as objects.

Are these bugs or features?

I create a series of globals dynamically and use the globals()
function to find which were created and delete them when they are not
needed. However, after converting some of them into array, they
essentially disappear from my scope. The second surfaced when I tried
to rememdy the situation by checking for existence of a global.

It seems I either can't use associative arrays with globals or I must
forget about removing them from memory.

Robert Brenstein