MC 2.5 Script editor

Karl Becker karl at karlbecker.com
Sat Dec 7 14:11:01 EST 2002

On Saturday, December 7, 2002, at 11:03 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 12/7/02 10:18 AM, Ernst M. Reicher wrote:
>> Hi listmembers,
>> 1. is anybody missing the old scripteditor menus:
>> Messages
>> Control Structures
>> Commands
>> Functions
>> Properties
>> ?????
>
> No, I don't miss them. They contained so few of the available commands
> and functions that I didn't find them useful at all. I never used > them.

I did find they saved me some time ocassionally, especially if I forgot
just what the actual name of some particular command or message was.
Stuff like Control Structures, though, didn't even realize there was a
menu for that.

What I'd really love is some sort of auto-complete for commands,
properties, functions, etc.  At the very least for commands, once
you've typed a "on " as the first characters of a line in the script
editor, if common commands and messages could show up after that like
they do in Internet Explorer, that would be great.

I've stayed away from 2.5 because the early releases seemed very
incomplete.  However, I think I'll dive into this new 2.5 beta now.
When is the estimated time arrival for 2.5 final?