MC 2.5 Script editor

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Dec 7 12:09:01 EST 2002

On 12/7/02 10:18 AM, Ernst M. Reicher wrote:
> Hi listmembers,
> 1. is anybody missing the old scripteditor menus:
> Messages
> Control Structures
> Commands
> Functions
> Properties
> ?????

No, I don't miss them. They contained so few of the available commands
and functions that I didn't find them useful at all. I never used them.

> 2. in former versions you could leave "breakpoint"s in your scripts and they
> didn´t do anything without opening the debugger and if you needed further
> debugging you could easy find the old debugging points.
> In version 2.5 there is no extra debugger and MC "debugs" - stops at - every
> breakpoint!?!?!

Right, but that's the way it has to work now that the editor and the
debugger are in the same window. I like it, but I suppose that is
because of my HyperCard background where the debugger works the same
way. I find it convenient to be able to insert a breakpoint in a script
and then run my stack normally. The debugger will open automatically
whenever it hits the breakpoint. I like that.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com