One last quick fix for X's Script Editor

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Dec 3 03:37:00 EST 2002

xbury.cs at clearstream.com wrote:

> MetaCard can be customized all over... But you better know what you do if
> you mess with the MCTools stack. Best is to rename the original substacks
> and create your own copies...
>
> As far as the changes you ask about, all are true but I'd recomment you
> build them onto new stacks to avoid upgrade-hell if MCTools changes...

With a new build of MC nearly every month, Ken Ray and I used to it up late
on the phone thinking of clever ways to enhance it without going crazy with
regular updates.  At last I broke down and started writing scripts that worm
through MCTools.mc to finesse fonts, colors, and a few behaviors.

So I can definitely vouch for the benefits of putting in extra time up front
making your mods to MCTools as automated as possible.  As long as Scott is
OCD enough to turn out new builds as often as he does, it's the only way to
keep up with him.