OT: Priorities (was: Re: Stack with the same name loop)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Oct 7 16:53:10 EDT 2021

Curry:

 > Richard:
 >>   Heather politely called cheese on this topic some time ago.
 >>   May we please respect the wishes of the list owner?
 >
 > I propose reducing the attempts to silence one another?
 >
 > That cheese remark doesn't sound like a very accurate portrayal;
 > that license change topic had simply been discussed enough.

Agreed, of course, as is clear when you read my reply to see what I was
-- and wasn't -- replying to.

For the avoidance of doubt, I included the full text of both replies I
was responding to - my complete post is here:
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2021-October/265845.html

Relevant portions include:
 > IMO the open source initiative was the single biggest mistake LC Ltd
 > made.
 > +1. Gave me the heebie jeebies when they announced the Open Source
 > model.
 >
 > I survived the age of freeware. There were a LOT of people back then
 > who opined that ALL software ought to be free! It was staggering.

LC's open source is gone, and cannot return. What's done is done.

All I'm asking is that we leave the past where it is, behind us, and
live in the here-and-now.

And in this here-and-now, I don't have an opinion on the conversation
between Jacque and Sean, which is why I didn't reply to them.

Lumping my comment in with theirs suggests a more complete reading may
be useful before rushing to reply.

 > My apologies if I'm wrong (been sick going on 2 months,
 > haven't read everything) ...

I hope you're feeling better soon.

--
  Richard Gaskin