Stack with the same name loop

Eraklis Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 16:22:28 EDT 2021

Hi Sean,

I just put up with it and kill LC -  I don't think we will ever have a
definitive answer or fix (prove me wrong please!) . As I say they
don't seem to eat their own Dog Food otherwise this would have been sorted
years ago.

While I'm here Somehow the problem with the drop down menus on  a second
monitor being "off screen"  to the right seemed to be  fixed in the last RC
but now the problem is back on the latest "stable" - this is one of the
biggest time wasting bugs I put up with (and that included the slowdowns)

Lagi

On Wed, 6 Oct 2021 at 17:57, Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode <

> Hi all,
> Can someone give the definitive answer as to what to choose when I save my
> stack with a save as to create a new iterative version and it comes up with
> the prompt :
>       A stack with the same name as the one you are trying to load is
> already open.
>             Save    Purge    Cancel
>
> Whatever I do it ends up in a loop of asking this. I'm bored of having to
> force close LC to get over this. What is supposed to happen if I press
> Save? What is supposed to happen if I press Purge? And what about Cancel?
> I've never understood the need for purge AND save. Purge from what? Save
> and close? purge and close? It's just not clear to me as a long time user
> let alone a new user.
>
> Btw, just to avoid unnecessary responses, I already know I can just make a
> copy in the finder, clear LC memory and load that one in. My question is
> just trying to get an understanding of this prompt.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sean

KIndest Regards Lagi