[iOS] possible console bug
mark at livecode.com
Mon Jul 12 10:14:28 EDT 2021
On 2021-07-12 15:01, Andre Garzia via use-livecode wrote:
> but it is supposed to work, right? Did this changed in some version?
Apple stopped piping stdout/stderr to 'console' a few years ago I think
- both on Desktop, and when looking at the device console for iOS.
In version 9.0 though we changed the behavior of `put` without a target.
In the IDE this will output to the message box.
In -ui mode, this will write to stderr.
Otherwise (which will be the case on iOS / Android!) this will output to
the system log
- using NSLog on Desktop/iOS
- using android.Log class on Android
- using OutpuDebugString on Win32
- using syslog on Linux
- using JS console on html5
Mark Waddingham ~ mark at livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Everyone can create apps
More information about the use-livecode