Snapshot image density

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Apr 16 11:17:42 EDT 2021

David V Glasgow wrote:

 > Is it right that import snapshot doesn’t offer image density options
 > as export snapshot does?

Is the metadata["density"] settable?

I haven't used it so I can't say, but given how snapshotting works I'd
be surprised if it lets us control the pixel density of LC's imaging
buffer. My hunch is that it's there to inform other programs which may
be used to display the image. I'd love to be wrong on that.

 > should I just export to the temp folder, immediately import, copy to
 > clipboard and proceed as before?  Or is there a more elegant route?

As of v7 or so you can also export to a variable, which can then be used
to set the data of an image object without the intermediary file I/O.

 > are temp folders always available irrespective of the severity of
 > security restrictions which might be imposed?)

Good question. I don't know; I'd always had the impression that tmp is a
sort of free-for-all where sensitive data is understood to be
inappropriate.  Maybe modern systems sandbox tmp by app?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems