POST to https in LC5.0.2 - Error socket closed

Pi Digital sean at pidigital.co.uk
Fri Oct 23 05:10:47 EDT 2020

Yes. But have you seen how it has to get turned on. I have trouble enough with IT departments not wanting to install our software let alone ask them to go through the hassle of setting curl up on all of their clients desktops. This whole ssl https mySQL security thing came about because an IT Tech did a snoop on our app calling to the sql database.

With those kind of security fears do you think it is likely that they will turn on curl? Not a chance!

 This is why I’m trying to get HTML5 deployment working. But there’s not a chance of LC doing anything about that. Especially now Covid has brought them to their knees. If they can’t get anything beyond the backspace key working and end up wrecking everything else about it in the process so that LC9.6.2 is unusable by me, then I don’t hold out much hope.

Back on subject, curl would have to be done through shell requests which adds in a whole other bunch of issues. I really need a solution to get either the revdb security working or basic https messages.

Sean Cole
Pi Digital