First version of LC that supports httpS?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon Oct 19 12:55:53 EDT 2020

On 2020-10-19 17:31, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> see subject, maybe someone happens to know.
> Obviously LC 5.02 does not support httpS yet.

HTTPS has been supported since engine version 2.6 judging by the libURL
source - so that would be LiveCode 2.x (for some 'x' - I can't remember
the exact version the engine version and the - what was Revolution -
version synced up).

However, it is unlikely that https will work anymore from those engines
with any suitably maintained web-server since the SSL protocol version
they use will likely be judged insecure by the server and thus not allow
connection. (Although that can be very unwisely changed on the webserver
side).

Another facet here will be the 'root certificate bundle' which will
almost certainly be well out of date for older engines (at some point we
did make collection of SSL certificates from the OS automatic - that was
before 6.0 by the look of it).

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps