SSL cPanel mySql setup

Neville Smythe neville.smythe at optusnet.com.au
Sat Oct 17 19:32:04 EDT 2020

Thanks to this thread for the realisation my remote db connections are not secure. I just checked with Dreamhost and they gave their reasons for not use SSL with their mySQL setup — unacceptable burden on their server and undesirable for web app access; so in their opinion very few shared host environments would enable SSL for mySQL.

So I need some middleware. LC Server would have been ideal, but Dreamhost no longer install it ;-(. I particularly could have used LC Server to drive mailman distribution list subscription/unsubscription tasks from the database for which I do not have a good solution at the moment.

Neville