SSL cPanel mySql setup

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Fri Oct 16 05:51:17 EDT 2020

Hi Sean,

there was a discussion a few weeks ago with the topic "Strange behavior between Mysql, MariaDB and SSL."
I am not sure if the information in that discussion will solve your problem.

Another approach is the following. For security reasons we do not let communicat our LC apps directly with MySQL Databases, if the Database is hosted on a public server.

We using a Livecode Server Script on the Webserver for doing the complete DB communication.
Our standalones (Mobile and Desktop) send the requests (password encrypted string) either as POST or GET to the LC Server script. The script encrypts the  request string and executes it. The return from the DB is then returned to our standalone.

Another way would be to use an LC server api HostM is providing for free.
https://www.hostm.com/tutorials/livecode/api-mariadb-mysql

Regards,
Matthias

-