Sad truth about iOS apps

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Fri May 15 12:02:56 EDT 2020

As many of you will know, I have been struggling to create an iPhone app - very unfamiliar territory for  me. It’s been an education. Without help from this list and the mother ship I would have been dead in the water long ago. Finally I can see the (beta version of) the app running on my iPhones - yipee! The next step is to get it out there via TestFlight so that a few friends can mess with it.

I just went through all the hoops with the Apple App Store to reach the magic TestFlight stage, using the XCode Application Loader. Things looked good until this:

> ERROR ITMS-90725: "SDK Version Issue. This app was built with the iOS 12.1 SDK. New apps for iPhone or iPad must be built with the iOS 13 SDK or later.”

My iMac can only run High Sierra, and High Sierra can only run XCode 10.1, and AFAIK that version of XCode only runs SDK 12.1. I think that means I get a new Mac or give up.

Please tell me if I’m wrong.

Graham

PS I would really like a new Mac, but the budget is the problem!