POST on mobile apps

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Mar 15 01:55:51 EDT 2020

The dictionary entry for POST contains this about mobile apps:

"Cross-platform note: On iOS and Android, the post command is implemented in the engine.
Therefore the Internet library is not needed to ensure the command works in a mobile standalone
application. If included, the Internet library implementation will be used instead of the
engine implementation. Note: The Android and iOS engines do not support 'libUrl' but do allow
you to use post in the background."

This seems contradictory. The internet library is not required since POST is implemented in the
engine. But if it's included, it will be used. But mobile doesn't support it.

I've included both the Internet library and TSNet in my mobile app, which needs POST and get
URL. I see now that I can eliminate the Internet library. Do I still need TSNet for mobile "get
URL"?

We're seeing crashes on iOS when the app sends data to a server. I wonder if there's a conflict
having both these extensions included in the build.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com