encrypting script-only stacks

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Wed Jan 15 11:48:06 EST 2020

On 1/14/20 8:54 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
> Mark Wieder wrote:
>
>  > On 1/14/20 7:52 AM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
>  >
>  >> Is it a bug that script-only stacks can't be imported into the
>  >> stackfile to become binary substacks?
>  >>
>  >
>  > They can, but it's a one-way operation. Once you've done that the
>  > substack and the script-only text file are two different entities.
>  > Editing one won't affect the other.
>
> For building standalones that would be fine.  Is that in the Standalone
> Builder, or something every one of us needs to write our own script for?

I don't think the SB does that on its own, and I'm not sure it's
something it should do automatically all the time. In the delivered app
is there (or should there be) a difference between a substack and a
stack file?

But it's easy to do in the PI by changing the mainstack property of the
script-only stack.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com