Changing extention on script only stack

Greg (Pink) Miller livecode at pink.guru
Wed Jan 15 11:29:07 EST 2020

My need for external editors is mostly for Windows (again, the Windows
machines I use are very very old).
I also like reviewing and editing code on my iPad when I am on the go, so
having external scripts is useful even when I don't have LC running. What
else am I going to do at a red light?

but I also have gotten used to using Atom and love it because it is highly
customizable, I can just do a lot from within it that I can't do in the
built-in editor, I can pull and push from Github, I can leave myself
bookmarks and use macros... it's terrific... and faster

the only reasons I ever use the built-in script editor is for watching
variable values, debugging, breakpoints and stepping through scripts... and
I hate when I have to do that because of its performance

Honestly, instead of asking the LC team to beef up the built-in editor, I
would rather they work on providing those debugging capabilities and other
features with external editors. Ditch the built-in editor for a more
seamless integration with Atom (I would argue it is the best option since
it is cross-platform and free.) Heck maybe it just needs one single good
Atom plugin to catch signals from Livecode similar to the remote debugger.
Since I have no idea how it really works I am just assuming it would be
easy to modify ;)

And if I am making whoever is in charge of the built-in editor cry, you are
still loved, and we'll try not to get rid of you

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 5:08 PM Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <