HyperCard: the Myst story

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Tue Feb 11 13:26:25 EST 2020

Hi Graham,

It might be easier to track down the copyright holder of the CD-ROM and offer to re-publish on a different platform. Copyrights on the design of the program/disc itself will definitely apply for a long time.

We are re-configuring some of our earlier work HC into LiveCode as desktop applications. Some things can be, of course, done in as HTML 5. Copyright is always an issue, especially for licensed, recorded music.

There is obviously a quite large body of great-quality CD-ROM content discs from the 1990-2000s that have slipped into the dustbin of history—no longer compatible with digital content delivery methods today—with no easy path to their revival. Authors and companies have moved on, licensing has expired, original files used to create the stuff are on old media (Zip drives) or have disappeared. But with effort, it can be done, and in LiveCode, of course!

Peter Bogdanoff
ArtsInteractive