Some sad news

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Fri Dec 4 09:16:19 EST 2020

This is sad news.

Hermann  was a LiveCode Pioneer and such a great resource to LiveCode users and LiveCode itself pushing at the boundaries of what you can do with LiveCode and HTML 5 and as Heather mentioned pushed livecode staff to realize more of its potential.

He made so much code freely available to other users showing us possibilities  we may not have realized and was always ready to assist other users with questions on the list.  I am glad to see that legacy is being preserved.

This reminds me of another LiveCode pioneer Mark Smith who passed away too young.  His work has been preserved as well.
http://marksmith.on-rev.com/revstuff/
http://www.pdslabs.net/the-mark-smith-collection/

I think it would be good to have a way to commemorate people like Hermann and Mark with something like an annual online  lecture or award presented annually to other pioneers or contributors to the LiveCode in their honour.

Martin Koob