Layers in PBrowser

Sean Cole (Pi) sean at pidigital.co.uk
Wed Aug 12 20:04:27 EDT 2020

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 at 22:16, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <

> That's just how it works.

   1. Except it doesn't work - even with refresh :
   https://www.dropbox.com/s/cfv95iuatd4d4y5/AppOverFail2.mov?dl=0
   2. How it works is wrong! Because it is DUMB and NOT how ALL other
   software deals with layers. Bar none. Including LC's close competitors. It
   should work EXACTLY like a file system or any other folder system. I've
   coded this stuff for my own projects so why the heck is it so hard for
   those writing the engine? I don't do C and that's where the layering system
   is going wrong.
   3. Assuming it did 'work', if the last item is a group with ctrls and I
   drag below or used the next layer number below it will ALWAYS put it INTO
   the group.

It's wrong and it's just wasting my time, again, that I don't have with a
tv broadcast deadline of Friday.

You've obviously got so used to HAVING to work around these things you
forget how they SHOULD work. Not just in my opinion but by general
expectation from the norm outside of LC.

What are LC doing with our subscription and donation money? Looking at the
pull requests on github, not much! I fear the very worst!